A creative studio based in Ghent (BE) with focus on photography. We believe in passion, permanent questioning ourselves and integrity, but most of all we believe in strong images.
ABOUT NICK PROOT
Ostend - 01/08/1976
• Studied graphic design at Higro-Viso institute Ghent - BE
• Started his career as graphic designer at Barco, then worked as art director at Focus advertising and moved on to being creative director of his own successful graphic design agency Prootfolio since 2001.
• Won several awards with his designs for corporate identity and was selected for the East Flanders award for graphic design 2004
• His experience as a graphic designer lends him a strong feeling for composition and aesthetics, his camera always at hand
• Inspired by almost everything, Nick likes to tell stories with his photography, whether the story sparked the image or whether the picture was given a narrative twist
• Moving, confronting, amusing or questioning, Nick’s photography is multifaceted and is worth taking a closer look.
• Nick’s “Bangkok Storm” is nominated in the National Geographic photography contest 2011
• His interpretation of the theme “Food is Fashion” is nominated for the prestigious Belgian Weekend Photo Award 2011, organized by Knack Weekend and the Brussels Photo Gallery
• Won the international pitch for D.A.T.E. -shoes
• Media Publications in "National Geographic", "Weekend Knack", "De Morgen", "GDL-magazine", "Cityzine", ...
• Projects "Super-human" and "Tired photographs" are uncommissioned publications
• Group-Exhibitions; Caermersklooster in Gent, St-Hubertus gallerij in Brussel, Instituut van de tropen in Amsterdam.